Leather removal??

Aldente P.

Premium Member
I have a large leather, connected to a large rock. If i wanted to remove the leather from the rock, could i just cut it across the bottom? The bottom is about the size of my arm. Will it release anything harmful in the water after being fragged. Should i just sell as a whole with rock? TIA Jesse

You can cut it but anything left on the rock will re-grow. If you are wanting it totally gone best bet is to sell rock and all.

You could try to pull it off the rock, I have done that in the past and have been successful in getting the whole coral off. Leathers do not release too much into the water when fragged but as a precaution you could just run some carbon for a few days after.

Thanks for the info everyone. I wouldnt mind it growing back. But right now its like a big oak tree in my tank, it adds alot of shade. Thanks again

take a blade to it and slice away then. run some carbon immediately afterwards to ward off any remaining slime, then cut it in half to sell part and donate part to the co-op... :) sorry, had to slip that in there, hehe...good luck with it