Law Firm Launches Tunze Investigation

Here is the CNBC link http://ori.cnbc.com/id/44279256 but it says it is an investigation. Although a google search show everyone saying that Tunze is being sued and now people are bashing them lol. Personally I like mine. I've have other pumps not perform the way I thought they would so I bought something else. I figure as long as the pumps do what I want then there is no problem.

Also it is only the 6105, 6205 and 6305 series pumps that are being investigated.

i seriously hope this wasnt some hobbyist out to make a quick buck. this is frivolous at best! its a great product that is very reliable and has great customer service. did they overrate their pumps? maybe...but it was because of methodologies available to them were flawed, not because they were trying to be deceptive. this is ridiculous and it is angering to see it happening tbh.

How crappy is that? Owners of the Tunze pumps weren't complaining prior to getting this information. They purchased them and were happy. Their corals were happy. All was well. Now they have a number in mind, and feel ripped off? And a law firm is seeking to set up a class action lawsuit based on the supposed discontent that didn't exist prior to the article?

This wont go anywhere because there is no accepted standard for flow rate... Unless tunze puts out a statement that they knew the pumps werent making the flow they advertised.

Person buys new car. Person loves new car. Person brags all about new car to friends. Person hears about a recall on "similar" model car. Person bashes entire company.

Sadly that is the way of the world. It doesn't matter if its a car, a pump, the president or their best friend. Most people change loyalty at the drop of a hat if just a whisper of negative is heard, true or not.

I will end with this, I LOVE MY TUNZE! [smilie=clapping.gif]

Only thing I see tunze has done wrong is they are coming out with new shroud and jumper for power supply to increase flow on the streams per vortec test so could be seen as admission of guilt.

No complaints here as a tunze user. I don't know anyone that turns their streams all the way to 100% anyways. Plus I will take reliability and great customer service for less flow anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is most likely a competitor who has fed the machine.

Such a shame. I don't believe in these types of lawsuits. The only people who win are the lawyers. It's such a shame.

I wouldn't say making a shroud to increase flow is admission to fault but a way to make amends to the customers that do feel cheated. I like tunze they makeba great product although I run vortex pumps the products and customer service that tunze make are prime.

@SaltNewbie wrote:
I wouldn't say making a shroud to increase flow is admission to fault but a way to make amends to the customers that do feel cheated. I like tunze they makeba great product although I run vortex pumps the products and customer service that tunze make are prime. said:
I love tunzes that is what I use from return pump, skimmer pump, powerheads and wave box. They are making a new shroud and doing something to power supply to increase flow.

Who ever started the suit was just greedy. I don't know anyone who owns a vortech or a tunze that leaves the pump at 100% usually they do some type ramp up and down mode for random flow.

From what a water hydrologist posted comment on rc on water flow dynamics he said that this suit has no leg to stand on.

There are many things in this hobby we could be suing manufactures for for example the spectrum of mh bulbs if from you put a radium, reflex and xm 20k side by side and fired them up they would all look different which one is the real 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk