Lance's 215 Build Log

Frag tank stand that was custom built by a local member. He did a great job and I highly recommend him if you need a quality stand. He built mine out of stainless 2" square tubing. Turned out great!!

frag tank in place. I decided to plumb into main system instead of isolated. Really a nice fit into a small space inside fish room. Lighting is supplied by a 250W MH 20K and an array of 28 leds consisting of blue, royal, and uv. All tied into main apex.

new mr. pacman. It is much more a deep purple than the pic shows. got frag from local member.
Marshall Island Fuzzy Yellow Acro. Nice yellow color with intense polyp extension.

@Laser wrote:
new mr. pacman. It is much more a deep purple than the pic shows. got frag from local member. Marshall Island Fuzzy Yellow Acro. Nice yellow color with intense polyp extension. said:
The pacman looks good it grows like a weed in my tank under tons of flow and light... I need to come by and do some trading

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
Very nice and you have a great eye for coral! Your setup is amazing! Get that frag tank full sir! said:
frag tank almost full...post pics later tonight..

Tank inhabitants had been growning amazing for the past several months. In the past month or so I have noticed that some acros were starting to lose some color. I just changed the 400W Radions and what an amazing difference in lighting brightness. I ran the old radions from Jan 1,2013 through August 21, 2013. I feel I went about a month too long and will now be swapping bulbs every 6 months.

@Laser wrote:
Tank inhabitants had been growning amazing for the past several months. In the past month or so I have noticed that some acros were starting to lose some color. I just changed the 400W Radions and what an amazing difference in lighting brightness. I ran the old radions from Jan 1 said:
My experience radiums last 6 months as they are overdriven 360 watt bulb.

Can you post a bigger picture Lance? That one doesn't let us look at the corals.

@Marc wrote:
Can you post a bigger picture Lance? That one doesn't let us look at the corals. said:
That was my signature pic! I did not post a pic of the difference in lighting as my experience level on cameras prohibit it. I am waiting on you to come take new pics!!

About time for a small update. Finally have finished the frag tank by installing new custom frag rack. The rack was built locally by Tim Thompson and has patented the idea and now ready to produce for the masses so shoot him a pm if you are interested. Take a look at the work. The rack appears to be powered!!!! I have also added a baby purple tang about the size of a quarter in the frag tank to deal with algae and make sure he has room to be happy. [attachment=0]fragrack2.png[/attachment][attachment=1]fragrack.png[/attachment]