Labor of Love! Our New 240 gallon!

New 240 gallon!

We left home at 7:30 AM and met up with Tri and Robert @ 8:15 AM and we all drove to Dallas and arrived at 9:30 AM and saw our new 240 gallon. Robert, Tri, Colton, Ricky & I went to work and tour down the whole setup by 11:00 AM. That was after they moved a baby grand piano 2 times.

We stop and had lunch and then took Robert back home. Tri, Ricky, Colton, & I went back to our house and moved the stand out of the truck first and then the 240 gallon tank. This time it was only 3 of them and they made it and then we up packed everything else.

Then the work began. We had to go get the supplies for the plumbing, electrical, and wood for the canopy.

After we returned back home we did the plumbing, chiller, and our new skimmer (Thanks Robert).

We went to bed at 3:00 AM and woke up at 8:30 AM and we started taking down the 100 gallon. Then we placed the 240 gallon in its new spot. WOW! It was huge it took up the whole wall. Then we hooked up everything and started adding the sand, and we didn't have enough for a 3' - 4" sand bed so down we took the 80 gallon. We used the rock from the 240, 100, & 80 gallon. Then we had to go to Wal-Mart to get plug ins... After we had both skimmers working great and the water cleared up we added the fish & coral to there new home. At 5:30 AM we went to bed and we woke up at 10:30 AM Monday and started working again.

Today Ricky & Little Ricky built the canopy they installed 4 VHO's, 3 250 MH's, moonlights, and the fans to take out the hot air.

At 11:15 PM it was feeding time.

wow, sounds like yall have been busy, sounds fun! lol, anyways, congrats, glad to see it going up, ive been waitin for some pics! keep em comin!

Thanks, Wes

More Pictures.

We blow the GFI to we had to install a new one. This time I had one on hand. Good thing because everything was closed.

dang!! I wish I could have come out there, looks like you guys had too much fun!!! :) looks great, cant wait to make it out there again 8)

Thanks everyone!

We added a male Leopard Wrasse. We love wrasse and we had to take out or coris wrasse.

Also added a new SPS Staghorn form Robert. (Thanks)

I would also would like to add that this would have never happened without the help from Tri & Robert! (THANK YOU BOTH!)

Cheryl

Where did you get that meleagris leopard wrasse. I have been wanting to get one of those. Right now I have a divided(bipartitus) leopard, potter's leopard and a black leopard in my tank right now.