Kessils in a canopy

Tinyfish

Membership Expired
I have been thinking about putting two Kessil A350N's over my Tank 2 which is a 58g. The naroow beam covers 18" so two would cover the 36" length. My question is how to mount them. I believe they are supposed to be 10" above the surface. The lights are about 4" but I think I would have to hang them on a hook. With my canopy addition the canopy is 15 1/2' inside height. I at least think this will work. Even if the fixtures hang down I still have 5 1/2" and still make the 10" above the surface.

The Kessil lights are so much better than the China LED's I have on there now.

Any thoughts on my idea before I order the Kessil lights?

I'm running the smaller A160WE lights and they come with a small wire to attach to a hook to hang them, or there's a threaded hole that their gooseneck hanger uses that you could also use. I have no idea what the thread size is on it, though. I think you could easily just screw two hooks into the canopy top and hang the lights from them and you'd be all set. If you were concerned about the 18" area coverage you could always use the A350W, too. Unless your tank is over 3' deep either will have plenty of power to do the job and with a canopy on there you won't have a lot of "spillover" light coming out into the room.