Kaiser's 150 Reef Thread

I've been over on RC for the past several years and feel as though I need to broaden my horizons. I've got a thread over on RC covering my new 150 project but I thought I would post here too for those that don't visit RC much.

Let me get you up to speed. Long story short, I had a flood in my kitchen and family room. We have to get new carpet and my current 92 gallon corner is sitting on that carpet. I've decided to just set up a new tank, transfer the contents of the old to the new, and then break down and sell the old. My new tank is a Perfecto 150 Extra High (45" x 24" x 30").

Let's get started!

Here's a pic of my current tank the day after the flood. You see the drying fan from the flood restoration company drying out the bottom. Those fans were in our house running for 5 days straight. 32 fans total. It was like a giant wind tunnel.

5.JPG
alt="">

What a mess. Glad you were able to get it resolved, as you have a beautiful home.

welcome ..... looked like a fun time at your house those 5 days. :?

I've lived through one of those floods, when i was younger my little brother closed the stopper in a bathroom sink and turned the faucet on - we them proceeded to go out of town for 1 or 2 days and well, you know what it was like when we came home. ended up replacing most of the carpet under insuance claim

good luck to you and your new tank build