Jawfish

Kc189

Premium Member
[Has anyone here every tried to breed Blue Spotted Jawfish? I have been looking on RC for breeding setups for them and I have come up nothing. Any ideas where to look would be great.

Keith]

[Hey, call someone at Dallas World Aquarium. I'm not sure who to ask for, but try to find someone that actually works/maintains the tanks. They might have some ideas.]

[I haven’t kept them but I have done a fair amount of research on jawfish as I love the little guys.

www.themarinecenter.com has had them on sale for like $60 each recently, locally add $20 for box charge and delivery.

6-8" sand bed, with at leas 3 square feet of sand bed per jawfish is what I remember seeing about jawfish in general.

Travis]

[Check the breeders registry online and see if they have them listed as species that have been succesfully raised. As mouth brooders you probably have a better chance with them than other pelagic spawners.

A seperate tank is a must and as mentioned a very deep sand bed. In the wild, burrows of 18" deep are not uncommon. First foods are probably the key to raising the spawn.

Good luck,

Brad]