Iwaki pumps?

When I was looking for external pumps I think the consensus I read was the Japanese motors where quitter and had less heat transfer. After reading more I found out the Darts where more efficient and quitter and more flow.

I am going to be hooking up a ETSS 600 and it calls for the IWAKI 40 rlt. Would you know what dart pump would be equivlent to the Iwaki?

i thought the dart started at 3600gph...not sure of the equivelant but the japaneese motors are pretty quiet compared to american...I have a iwaki 40 pump if you want to try it out, just let me know.

aaron you need a pressure rated pump...i wouldnt think a dart pump would give you the most out of the skimmer...my friend has some in his garage i will go see how much he wants for them..

The Japanese Iwaki's are great pumps, loud, yes but super reliable. I have an iwaki 55 that I've had running almost every day for 7 years and it's still going strong!

I have another Iwaki 100 that is on my skimmer that has worked for almost two years straight only being cleaned once. They are hard to beat for pressure rated pumps. But they are not the most quiet. That's for sure.