I've been a bad reefer

hitillidie

Membership Expired
I had gotten so busy with work that I begin to neglect my tank big time. Lost a few corals from lack of husbandry. It was getting pretty sad!! Well I'm on the comeback trail. Change a few things with the tank that I've been wanting to do for long time. Spending more money than I want to but it's coming along. I still need to change my membrane and filters on my RO/DI the TDS is 2ppm. Anyone know local where I can get the filters and 60gpd membrane.

I had barebottom but I really like sand so I put sand in. My rocks were extremly big, so I broke them up a little move them around and I'm happy. It's amazing how much bighter the tank looks with sand. Check it out tell me what ya think.

BB and Big Rocks

I think it looks great! It's rare that anyone says they broke their rock to make 'em smaller. :lol:

What makes you think you need a new 60gpd membrane? 2 TDS is nothing, you just need new DI resin I'd think. Unless the output of your membrane has slowed significantly because it is clogged up, it should be good for several years. Bedford's water isn't all that bad, which is why I'm asking. What is the source water TDS in your area?

How ya doing Marc? My TDS reads about 229 going in. It is much slower than it use to be. Can't get 30 gallons a day. It should be changed because I bought the Spectrapure about 3 + years ago.. Where can I get filters locally I really like to get my TDS at 0.

Yea I did break some of my rocks I had two rock that were almost 100lbs. found it hard to place more corals after a while. I broke them a little and actually make a few good shelves. work out great!!!!

You can buy the filters locally from your LFS. The membrane will need to come from Spectrapure. If you aren't making 2.5g per hour during the summer months when the source water is closer to 76F, the membrane is nearly exhausted.

Hey Carl, how have you bin?!

I like it...!
The sand did make it brighter... and I like that you have more room in front of the rocks now.

How did you break the rocks? Where you able to get the shapes you wanted while you were breaking them, or did you just break them randomly?

Welcome "back"!

Your tank looks great. I like the new look much better than the bare bottom.

Bare bottoms don't look natural to me. I"ve never seen a bare bottom ocean, beach, or even a bare bottom natural pond.