It always happens

You go to the fish store and low and behold u come home with something new.  I came home with a clove polyp frag. It was a nice colored one not like my other clove. Ill post a picture of the two cloves after it opens up and is happy. Its still in the bag right now.

Turns out they are smaller then I thought. I think it must a been because they were in a frag tank almost chest high and up close. Now they are far away and tiny. Im still happy and they are open. Im sorry the water was messed up some. I just did a water change. I took the pick but now blue lite to show the colors on them. They have a strip on each branch. Sorry ill try and get another pic in the blue lite. View attachment 1073

I've got some of those I picked up last week. Kind of cool looking coral. Mine only open up for short periods though. I think I need to adjust where they are in the tank.

Nice, I have some too lol...I had to get rid of my emerald grab though because it kept ripping them up and trashing them. :-/

I have some also.  I had to get rid of the new Sailfin because he kept picking at the Clove and a GSP. 

I am in a dither about what fish to get now.  Foxface and Sailfin was a disaster.  I've been warned about Angels and Butterfly fish.  Cardinals bore me.  I already have 4 Clowns.  I did get lucky with a Niger. Maybe a Lionfish will finally take care of the jerk Damsels.I just realized both Firefish are MIA. 

Sorry to here you all are having troubles keeping them. They are nice to watch. To me they look like flowers in the water. Ill remove them later as we start getting back into the SPS 's. For now they are nice to look at and I love the soft corals. I know they will get out of control if I don't keep up with them.  I think they like a nice flow but not crazy so near the overflow is a good spot for them,  lots a food there.  Mossjer, I put mine  2/3' s the way up my tank and in just enough current so they  just barely sway in the water. 

About a week after taking them out of quarantine I noticed the dorsal fin was missing on one.  This was the larger one and he continued to hassle the smaller one.  Two days later I never saw him again.  Sunday I had to take most of the rocks out of the tank to catch the Sailfin.  I'm hoping I didn't put a rock on top of the second one.  Oh well.  I'll try another pair later.  SP is promising me a cool looking wrasse in a few days.  I'll probably grab a second Mono Sebae.  They are hardy and friendly.   The one I have is always right there when I'm near the tank.I would appreciate it if someone would look at my last post in the Chemistry section and comment on my Alk and Cal levels.

Posted by: bump1Mossjer said:
Funny thing, last night when I got home they were open and stayed that way all night.  I think I need to adjust my light cycle, they are staying on full power too long.

Awesome ! This is good to here. Now these guys can become a pain if you let them take over so try to keep them on one rock.