Isaac's 90 Gallon Tall Thread

isaac.croas

Premium Member
Heyas,

This tank went up in September, but right now I'm currently working on automating and making alot of the extras for it so there will be progress pics as I get stuff done.
Specs:
90 Gallon Standard with external overflow w eurobracing - Made by Planet Aquariums.
Coast Classic Stand
2x Bean Animal Overflow with 2x locline returns all on true union ball valves
Soft Plumping after the ball valves to their appropriate sections
Sump is a Trigger Elite Crystal 36 (I hate this sump)
Skimmer is a Aquamaxx 200
Sicce 5.0 return pump
2x Jebao WP-25's
Marco's rock ~80 lbs
Deep Sand Bed
Currently running 2x reactors - GFO and Carbon, going to add either a 2nd carbon or biopellets reactor.
1500 W Battery Backup (Really eases alot of stress during the summer and worrying about short term power outages)

2 DIY LED fixtures - 44 LEDS using reefledlights (I liked their solderless/sliding system)
Current configuration on these:
8 drivers on each fixture for a total of 16 drivers using a combo system of Meanwell 48v powersupplies and Meanwell LDD-H's. I used the 4up boards from Rrasco on ReefCentral and get them wave flow soldered by Steve's LEDS.
24 Royal Blue LEDS (Cree XT-E) split into 3 drivers
10 True Violet (SemiLED P2N-U) 410-420 nm split into 2 drivers
4 Red (Cree XP-E) one driver
8 Cool White High Noons (Cree XT-E) split into 2 drivers

To Do:
Finish up my controller (built and coded from scratch) using a DIGIX arduino board (it's a due form factor/compatible board with built in wifi/sd card)
Finish up coding my screen (4D Systems 43PT screen)
Relay boards (probably going to get 1 or 2 Chauvet SR-08's)
Setup my 2 part dosing system (using bulk reef supply) - waiting on my relays
ATO - Using a tom's aqualifter and autotopoff.com float switches - waiting on relays
Integrate my Jebao's into my controller using the Reef Angel Harness Cables
Temp probes (DS18B20)
PH/Orp? probes (atlas scientific ph stamp)
Expand my pwm outputs using a PCA9685 I2C chip to add another 32 PWM signals

Corals:

Was supposed to be only zoas.... but I'm addicted to sps now in addition to my zoas. (Thanks Kubla Keith.... he has some of the most vibrant colored sps I've ever seen)
I also collect bi-color octospawns so I have a few of these.
Also have 4 anemones (RBTA's), one is a fresh split from about a week ago off my 7-8 incher in the back. My two maroons surf all 4 of them and feed/host each of them.

Fish:
After this ich nightmare and die offs I'm down to the following:
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Six Line Wrasse
2 Orange Spot Gobies (Live together but hang out in different areas of the tank)
2 Yellow Striped Maroon Clowns, one is 3 inches the other is maybe 1 inch (it's still a juevie and hasn't gotten the yellow in the stripes)

Misc:
2 Blood Red Cleaner Shrimps
2 Regular Cleaner Shrimps
1 8-10 inch Pink/Black Sea Cucumber (He's huge and climbs up the aquarium and will stick himself to the top and graze)
1 3 inch Tiger Sea Cucumber
1 Fighting Conch
1 Queen Conch
1 8-10 inch Green Brittle Sea Star
1 Hitchhiker Black Scutus
1 inch black urchin
7 Emerald Crabs (added them in for algae duty)
30+ Nassarius Snails
2-3 Hermits

Now for the pictures!!!!

alt="">
alt="">
alt="">
alt="">
alt="">
alt="">
alt="">
alt="">

Tank has been progressing well, going to take some pics tomorrow.

Have the relay, rtc, and timing portions done on my controller.

Some major updates.

Got a metal canopy welded together by Ben Runnels's brother, Justin. It's absolutely gorgeous! Definitely more light splashing into the tank, and not my eyes lol. Picked up about 500 million new frags since I last took pictures, and the zoa garden is growing like a weed. Also broke down and bought a reef angel system, and have it running on basic functions right now until I receive my breakout boards to handle the 16 channels on my LEDs.

Posting pics in a few.