Is this thing dying? remove it before it nukes my tank

Howdy Folks,

I have a question, I have a green bubble tip anemone I have had for about 3 weeks. he has been shriveled up more the last few days. Can I remove him from my tank before he nukes it or will he be okay? His foot is still healthily attached and he isn't gooey.

I tested Nitrates and they are less than .25 ppm. Running 200W of 3W led lights, have two MP10s for circulation in my 75 gallon with a Reef Octobus HOB 1000 skimmer. I also run a aquaclear 110 with GFO in it to help lower phosphates. Tank is only about 3 months old--bad thing for the anemone learned after buying it.

I fed him about 1/3 of a medium uncooked unshelled cocktail shrimp a couple of days ago.. Another piece 1 week before that..

Thank for the reply!

You should be ok. But what are your parameters? I have raised anenomes in the past and would almost never feed them. Only Time they got food was if something floated to them or they stole food from the clowns. Maybe once every other month I would feed them a cube of blended food. Mine would split about once a month and were always bigger like 8-10 inches.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

was 1.024, 74 deg F, 0 amm, 0 nitrite earlier.. He didn't surive, skimmer went nuts and he smelled rotten. When I shook the rock he was starting to drop chunks of goo so I got him out before he could nuke my entire tank. Thanks for the help.. No more Anems for me!