Is my nem dieing? Please give me some advise!

cervezamoney

Membership Expired
Is my nem dieing? He has been shriveled up for over a week. I've had my water tested, all is good. My other nem is doing Great, But the Bubble tip is looking BAD. Yesterday I got up it looked much better, started to fill back out, and move around. I went and did my normal running around, had my water tested again. When I got home it looked deflated on one half and was open so I could see the inside looked like a small white mass of cauliflower on the sickly looking half. I have debated cutting off the sick half to try to save it?
A guy who's opinion I trust @ Rift2Reef told me I should consider flushing it, because if it dies it will pollute my tank pretty bad(29 gallon Reef), although he hasn't seen it just listened to my description. This morning it has some clear stringy stuff waving off of it?
Please give me some direction.

White stringy stuff is never a good sign :sad: . Your other source is right about the pollution problem. Anemones are nothing but tissue so when they go south it can have devastating effects on the health of your system. If the tissue starts to look as if it is melting away, don't try and pull it out. Instead, turn off your pumps and use a large siphon hose (3/4" or 1" ID) to siphon out the tissue.

Hrmm, sounds like the nem was gaping wide enough that you could see the mesentery. (ropy spaghetti looking substance.)

Maybe one in ten has had an anemone recover once they were in that state.

a girl close to me, cant remember her name on here for the life of me, but she had this same thing happen to her, and she just kept on the water changes and watched it closely and it eventually got better. i also believe that she finally found some reading that said this can be normal for a new nem and they can get over it if in great water, which may be why there is the 1 in 10 thing ashlar said. ill try to find the post and her pic so you can verify if it is the same thing, you can email me the pic and i will post it for you...see my profile for email address...good luck...

.:edit:. well, i guess i was a little off, no pic and only a lfs saying it, but here is all i found...

@Goldie wrote:
[I]@WeMa wrote:[/I][quote="hi said:
Yup i talked to a guy from a lfs and he said it was normal for it to Cycle the water through himself.... lol"]

like i mentioned, hers was better, and by inside out it was looking shriveled and showing its insides like you describe...you can try to PM her to ask a question

Owwww..... Owwwww..... My anemones all had terrible sympathy pains from the other room.... Owwww!!! Looks like your 'nem is definitely going downhill. How long did you have it? Was it really white when your purchased it?

He's gone. :sad: I had to remove it this morning. It was on the move last night and left tissue from start to its resting place. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.