if hippo tangs can get ich easily?!?! whats the point?

if blue hippo tangs can get ich easily.... and you rid your tank of the ich.... cant they still get it from stress and water changes/? so QTing fish for weeks and months can still end up with the same result?

sounds pointless to me... whats your opinion

The fish is more likely to be stressed to the point that it would be affected by ich during shipping, or even just the drive from the LFS to your house in a small plastic bag, than it would be by regular water changes in your tank. In addition, if it has something else besides ich (that's not the only fish disease you know...) you can identify that before you infect everything else in your tank.

Also, you might want to give people more than 15 minutes to reply before you start bumping the post up. [smilie=wink.gif]

Ich is a living parasite. If you truly get rid of it in your tank & on your all of your fish, it can't appear out of thin air because the tang gets stressed later in your tank.

Tangs get ich.
It seems like a fact of life. Mine shrugged it off and are symptom free after some garlic and fastidious tank maintenance. I don't worry much about it now. Is the parasite still in my Neo 90? Maybe.
Ask me if I give a ****, or 2 shakes of a lamb's tail.

Hippos are nice fish and a lot of fun. They may have a rep for ich, but then some of us like a challenge.

@shse666 wrote:
Tangs get ich. It seems like a fact of life. Mine shrugged it off and are symptom free after some garlic and fastidious tank maintenance. I don't worry much about it now. Is the parasite still in my Neo 90? Maybe. Ask me if I give a **** said:
Lol. You made me laugh. Now powder tangs are a pita to keep. I gave up years ago but soo tempted to try again