ID Please.....

kingfireandsafety

Membership Expired
I have this stuff growing all over one of my rocks and now on my feather duster. Does anybody happen to know what it is and how to get rid of it Thanks.

Its sponge. It wont hurt anything. I have that and other color sponges. The only agressive one that I have found thus far is the black sponge.

whew I must be getting better at this whole fish thing cuz my first thought was spongue then I saw the pineapple shapes and was not sure...lol im glad to know that I was half way right

@K_Red_Raider wrote:
whew I must be getting better at this whole fish thing cuz my first thought was spongue then I saw the pineapple shapes and was not sure...lol im glad to know that I was half way right said:
Lol
Thanks for the input everybody....so I was wondering could this be from over feeding?

@kingfireandsafety wrote:
[I]@K_Red_Raider wrote:[/I][quote="whew I must be getting better at this whole fish thing cuz my first thought was spongue then I saw the pineapple shapes and was not sure...lol im glad to know that I was half way right said:
Lol
Thanks for the input everybody....so I was wondering could this be from over feeding?"]

not quite, they were probably introduced into your tank with either LR or corals you bought from someone else. they're completely harmless and you can manually remove them by their base if you desire.

Sent from my Galaxy S III on Tapatalk