ID Please?

Anyone know what the little growth in the middle is? It's about an inch wide when open. Close up it almost looks like a super small elegance but I have no idea what it is. [attachment=1]DSC_0002.jpg[/attachment]

@Wes wrote:
Majano said:
Nope. I'm unfortunately all too familiar with majanos and can say with 100% certainty that's not what this is although from the crappy pic I can see how it might look like a tight cluster of majanos. It's hard to tell from the fuzzy pic and angle, but that is all one interconnected piece, not a bunch of individual stalks and mouths. Here are a couple more pics, one of which has a green majano thrown in for comparison [smilie=lol.gif].

Try poking it with something and take a picture of it closed up.

@Marc wrote:
Try poking it with something and take a picture of it closed up. said:
LOL. That's stuck in my head from the meeting. I saw someone say it on another forum and had to remember where I was & they wouldn't think it was as funny as I did!

@SushiGirl wrote:
[I]@Marc wrote:[/I][quote="Try poking it with something and take a picture of it closed up. said:
LOL. That's stuck in my head from the meeting. I saw someone say it on another forum and had to remember where I was & they wouldn't think it was as funny as I did!"]

Sounds like I'm missing a reference of something, but I went and poked it and it closed up a little but not too much. Here's a "closed up" pic which shows it's a single stalk not a cluster.

Yeah, at this month's meeting I talked about poking corals with sticks - a strange habit some people seem to enjoy before photographing the subject. However, in this case I was serious since we couldn't really see its base. [smilie=wink.gif]

I don't know, sorry.

With the new pic it definitely isn't, curious growth but no clue. Doesn't look like it will be a roamed but who knows how fast it will take over that rock.

Maybe a rock nem of some kind???? Squirt some food into it's "mouth" area and see how it react's. [smilie=smile.gif]

Cheers,