Id help please

Slimshadyjo1

Membership Expired
fb32e0907362df4e2122f78253946e8d.jpg
alt=""> something seems to be growing over my button polyps and they don't look happy at all. Can anyone help identify the problem and a solution please

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9120799f79c02244a85fb0dad1c7cbce.jpg
alt=""> a little better picture. Looks like it may be a sponge but I'm not sure

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It looks like sponge in the picture. Did it show up fairly quickly or has this been a slow progression?

There is a fungus that attacks zoas The fungus resembles sponge in appearance. Can you remove the rock for inspection? If fungal you can use Lugols Iodine, hydrogen peroxide, or Seachem Reef Dip.

If sponge, you will need to move the zoas or the sponge. For fragging zoas I like to use wax carving tools (can get on Amazon for around $12 for a full set). The spatulas are perfect for gently get under the zoa and removing it.

Just to be clear, Lugols Iodine, hydrogen peroxide, or Seachem Reef Dip, should NOT be used in the tank. You have to remove the rock/coral and treat.

Ok thanks for the info. I was actually able to suck it all off fairly easy with my small tube I use for water changes. It did show up fast, maybe even over night

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am watching them. Thanks for asking. There still a little pale now. I will try and put some pics on here in a little bit

Not looking too good for the ones on bottom but the top one's I did get them to catch some food and they are looking a little better. So far I'm not seeing any more if whatever that stuff was.