Ich - What does it look like?

[I have never actually seen ICH. I know that it is white spots. My new regal tang has developed white BUMPS all over him! They are very obvious, he is doing OKAY, but you can tell that he doesnt feel good.

What do I do? Let me point out that I do not have a quarantine tank yet (I know, I am the devil! ), but that is not a current option. I only have a few chromis and a clown in the tank with him, no sign on them YET.]

[I have a Regal tang and when I first got her she got Ich. Heres what I did go buy if you dont already have Garlic Xtreme from Kent Marine and mix it with your food! If you can get your tang to eat you have a really good change at keeping it alive and getting rid of the ich. The other thing is Make sure you tank doesnt swing in temp much and make sure there is LOTS of gas exchange in your tank.

Keith]

[You can also use Kyolic Liquid aged garlic extract. You get it at a health food store. Probably much cheaper than anything by Kent made for the hobby. It works great.]

[Get a pair of Cleaner Shrimp as well. They will pick the ich right of your tang, and enjoy the meal in the process!

Remember, your Tang is a herbivore, and needs tons of vegetation. I feed mine 2 huge leaves of Romaine every other day, and a nice strip of Nori on the opposite days.

And it gets tons of other food every evening, when I drop in pellets or my frozen mish-mash of meaty stuff.]