I chipped my sump help

TheReeferBoss

Membership Expired
I got a new sump and when I got home I notice that is chiped, is around one inch, is like an inch above the water line of the sump, the chiped spot looks very fresh I touched it from the inside and it made this crunchy noise lol so there is def. damage. I have not tried fixing it yet but saw a few videos on YouTube. Anyone has ran into this problem lmk what you did and if it worked? Thank your for your time.
te6a5u7a.jpg
alt="">
quhyvuqa.jpg
alt="">
etu2uhab.jpg
alt="">
u3uzamed.jpg
alt="">

Prob not what you want to hear but you might need to make a new sump I would not trust any type of repair on that big of a chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
Prob not what you want to hear but you might need to make a new sump I would not trust any type of repair on that big of a chip Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Crap, I just got the sump today :/

If you can get a piece of glass, you could probably clean up the area, apply a giant blob of 100% aquarium-safe silicone ($7 a tube), and press the new piece of glass into it to act as a dam. It doesn't have to look pretty; this is a sump after all. It just has to be water tight. :)

@Marc wrote:
In the inside or outside of the tank?? The tank was hit from the outside but the damage seems to be the worse in the inside. I cleaned up the area really well last night I got silicone aquarium safe already and got it 5 dollars at Home Depot lol. I pretty much took all the old silicone on the corner. Thanks for your help.

On the inside. The glass and the silicone will be a patch over that area, and water pressure (what little there is) would press against the patch in theory.

@Marc wrote:
On the inside. The glass and the silicone will be a patch over that area said:
Got it done, tnite I will test for leaks since is taking 48hrs for it to dry. I will start looking for a 75g tank for a new sump. (-_)