Hows everyone doing!

Hope all is well w/ everyone. Looks like finally my tank is coming around from the move. I had to buy another heater for the sump. With the sump being in the garage and the weather starting to cool off I guess my heater needed a little help but as soon as i installed the second one it rectified the situation with no issues. Besides that no real update i guess. Wanna get my hands on some anthias but they are kinda pricey for me at the immediate moment, Ill re attack that after christmas. How r u guys doing?

i am giong to downgrade for now to a 29 biocube i stay to busy to keep up with the 120 so i am hoping that the 29 will be easier. other than that everything is going good.
glad to hear your tank has stabilized.

Everything is good except for the snails killing all of blue leg hermits I got in the cleaning crew. Getting ready to build over flow and and set up sump. A lot of plumbing to design.
Glad to hear everything is doing fine.

BJ, it has been a while since we've heard from you, hope all is well overthere, yeah those biocubes are nice, is everything from the 120 gonna fit or are you gonna sell a couple things? jerryclunsford, sorry to hear about your snails, wish you the best on your build and holler if you need anything.

All is going well with my 165g. I got a Scribbled Foxface that I am trying to catch. He has decided that he loves Zoa's all the sudden. Other than that this tank is going great.

The fish room is coming along and I hope in the next week or two to set the 270 on the stand and start playing with the plumbing. I am in no hurry though as I will be several months before this thing gets wet I imagine.

Grod, glad to hear that your tank is starting to come back around. You had a great setup the last time I saw it.

Thanks hoopsdaddy, if you end up not catching the fox face i think i have a fish trap in a box somewhere that ive successfully used. Let me know if you would like to borrow it.

G i think kost of my coral is going to fit alot of the rock dont use critter is getting. Critter is doing good he just bought a 30 gal cube with an octopus.
Jerry i havent forgot about you man i just havent made it back over to Nocona yet.

I am getting a film of I assume red Coralline in several places and some that look blue and of course a lot of pink since that is what is on the coralline Magaritas.
Mostly a diatom brown, but I read that usually happens before the coralline gets going.
I am trying to figure out how to set up the return plumbing from the sump so I won't need any power heads; since I don't have any yet. Think I can split it into several small jets. A few at each end and pointing in different directions. I think as long as I keep the total area of all the jets down to the same as the area of the single jet I now have It might just work. Any thoughts on this idea?

BJ I'm surprised you can get all of that from 120 in a 29. Are you running bare bottom? How is the filtration on those Nano Cubes set up? I considered one briefly then got a 135 Oceanic that my brother picked up on a job and 39 His girlfriend wasn't using anymore. Unfortunately the 135 won't fit in the house right now ( but then right now I couldn't afford enough sand and rock for it anyway ).
I am not worried about You not coming by. We Go Through Henrietta sometimes on the way to Wichita Falls and Iowa Park But It is usually during the day. I don't think you would be there so I didn't bother to mention it.

Does the red film in your tank produce bubbles while the lights are on if so that is cyano bacteria. Not something you want in your tank.
I work at the hospital here in henrietta so i could always just run home for a few minutes no problem at all man. Let me know the next time you come through.

BJ No it doesn't produce bubbles when the lights are on. There was some red coralline in a tank that I got a Turbo snail out of at Petco So that is probably where the red came from.

jerryclunsford, at the end of the day when it comes to flow in your tank its all gonna depend on the animals you plan to keep. Also consider future as well (certain animals that maybe you already know you want down the road). Your idea to plumb to the top with no power heads is not bad at all, the question is what kind of flow are you trying to create? Is your return pump strong enough to return water and create flow? I guess the point is before you start test fitting PVC make sure ur pump is gonna do what you and the animals expect it to do.

grod205
The pump I have is putting out good flow now. It is currently in my canister filter. ( a CFS 500 ) The flow is 240 GPH with the media in it without the media it flows 300 GPH. I think this should be sufficient to start with.
From what I have read a turbulent water flow is best. I was thinking to put a bar at each end and direct the jets to hit each other to create the turbulence. I think that the pump should be sufficient to create the flow if I keep the total jet area equal to or lest than the current jet size. If the pump isn't strong enough I can get a larger one later.

grod205
It really isn't much made the stand and canopy myself. It looks really bare, I will have to get around 20 - 25 lbs of rock to look descent (only about 5 - 10 lbs now don't really know didn't weight it before I started).
All that I know about marine aquariums I learned on-line.
The tank has been up around 6 months and on the 11th I will have the clown fish for 4 months. At least they are still alive and appear to be happy.
Very tight budget but it will get there eventually.

Nothing wrong with that, looks like ur on the right track. Patience and positivity are definately the keys to success here and its apparent u have it. Keep it on going, looking forward to watch ur tank flourish, keep the updates coming, wishing u the best!

Grod,
Nope, going to do a return header across the top of the tank with some pretty massive flow. Looking to go mostly SPS on this tank.
Got my build thread started. As things come along you can see what I mean by "return header". I have been working with Pete, guy who just gave the plumbing talk to the club and winner of Reef Central's Tank of the month a few months ago, and he has been helping me with my design and flow plans.