How To Mount Frags...

raggedfinfirefish

Premium Member
Hey guys, I'm a little curious on how you guys mount your frags. I've always taken the rock out of the water, dried the area, dried the frags base, then superglued them, but in my nano there are some rocks that I just can't take out, is there a way to glue underwater? I'd really like to mount some zoas on the lower reaches. Heres a pic so you can see the rocks I"m talking about. Pardon the glare...

FTS-28.jpg
alt="">

Take your frag, blot the base dry, and then apply Super Glue Gel. Now take your frag and press it in place on the submerged rock, and don't let go for a minute. At that point, it should stay if you picked a good spot.

So Drying of the rock is optional? Awesome, now I know I've wasted alot of my time, and ruined alot more carpet that needed lol. Thanks for the fast reply marc!

Drying the rock is better, but this will work when you can't pull the rock out. If you still can't get it to stay for some reason, you might need to use AquaMend, a two part putty that you press into a crevice to hold a frag in place.

That product will make your skimmer go nuts and overflow.

Heh.. and hope when you let go that you didn't get any superglue on your fingers..

yup, I've glued my fingers to rock more than once :)