How to KILL Xenia?

Badbrad8500

Membership Expired
I need some massive Xenia extermination. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff? I have tried injecting Kalk paste into the bases. Little things are resilient!

Take it to lfs for credit. If it is on the rock I bet they will trade you live rock for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a really good idea, but unfortunately my rock is all zip tied to a PVC structure. I would have to disassemble the whole structure to get the rocks out : (

I have been tearing it out as best I can. Now I am down to covering it in kawlk paste everyday with a mixture of aptisa X. Just started this on Thursday last week It seems to be keeping it at bay. Also using the injection method to each little area I see with anything that resembles that stuff. The bad thing is my wife love that stuff.

@Burbarry wrote:
I have been tearing it out as best I can. Now I am down to covering it in kawlk paste everyday with a mixture of aptisa X. Just started this on Thursday last week It seems to be keeping it at bay. Also using the injection method to each little area I see with anything that resembles that stuff. The bad thing is my wife love that stuff. said:
Are you killing all of them with that method?

@Badbrad8500 wrote:
[I]@Burbarry wrote:[/I][quote="I have been tearing it out as best I can. Now I am down to covering it in kawlk paste everyday with a mixture of aptisa X. Just started this on Thursday last week It seems to be keeping it at bay. Also using the injection method to each little area I see with anything that resembles that stuff. The bad thing is my wife love that stuff. said:
Are you killing all of them with that method?"]

Yeah it is working good so far but, I almost think that a week after I stop It may come back. Im tempted to use some 2 part putty and mount zoas on top of the area.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

Use a razor blade to completely scrape the rock real well. Once you are done with that, then use your Kalk solution to get in the cracks that the razor blade cant get in. The calc solution should be a one to one solution. One tablespoon of Kalc to 1 tablespoon of water. Stir like in a shot glass and let settle for 4 minutes. Only suck out the bottom white paste, and put that on the rock where needed. Be careful with the paste with your water chemistry

the funny thing is the LFS's sell xenia for a lot of money. I like xenia but if I were to have it I would isolate it to one rock in the sand bed so it cant spread.

@DaveG99 wrote:
the funny thing is the LFS's sell xenia for a lot of money. I like xenia but if I were to have it I would isolate it to one rock in the sand bed so it cant spread. said:
good luck with that. the best I have done to keep it at bay is move it up very high and close to the rock. It seems to grow towards the light. I wanted to try like 30 watt led pointed right at it to fry it. But not sure how big the spread is on those and if anything else in the area would die as well. Do, like a 2 day darkness then fry xenia fry [smilie=devil.gif]