Hitch hiker ID

I would approach it by asking where he got them from, he may be a victim too... Or he may be a jerk. Who knows? Sorry to hear about your poor little goby. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things went good. They replaced the fish and snails. They had them marked as margarita snails in there system. The whelk thing was new to me but I would think that anyone in the hobby knows what a margarita snail looks like. They had quite a few of them in there snail tank and a lot of empty shells.

Well. Thanks for all the help guys. Let see how long this thread stays dead for. =D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your goby... never heard of a whelk going after fish, other snails yes.. but not fish. I guess there are all kinds of varieties tho and who knows what you got. Glad you got them out.

In the LFS defense, alot of times they do rely on the sellers classification. Unless everything is inspected, you never know what you may end up with that was sold as something else. However, now that they DO know, I would expect them to avoid selling them as regular reef safe snails :)