Help with tank flow

pjracer

Premium Member
Hey everyone I need some help. I have a 7 ft x 24 x 31 inch deep tank. I am seeing detrus accumulate around the tank and I know it's due to dead spots from water flow. I am using 4 hydor evaluation magnum 5 power heads rated at 1650 gallons per hour.

I would like to know how I can position them in the tank for better flow. I also have a apex and can automate them or pulse then.

Please let me know what you think.

Peter

Sell them and buy a vortech mp60. If that's not possible point some behind rocks (on full power all the time) and others towards the surface

Sorry. Personal experience vortecs are crap. Yes good flow. But I like a quiet tank. I would not give this opinion if I didn't already buy 3 and I don't like the vibrating noise they for off. Hydor a are quiet. I could also change to the controllable type hydor or tunze. But for now I have 4 hydors and want to know how to direct the flow in a large rectangular tank. Thanks for your input. Today I was going to direct 2 down the back and the other two up like you suggested.

Try 1 in middle on each side pointed across the rocks. Then the other 2 in middle back pointed towards the side glass. Also, I love my tunze pimps. If you are thinking about sps you will need a lot more flow in a big tank like that. In my 90 corner Im running 2-6095s

Sent from inside the shark tank!