Help with no lights

[I recently bought a tank from this board and the lights did not work when I got it home, the tank came with 4 NO lights and 2 ballasts, the front two lights have stopped working and I have no clue what to check for. Kind of dissapointing guess I should have looked before I paid but guess it is my loss :uhoh: Anyway I have checked all the wiring to make sure everything is connected, I have removed the bulbes and made sure they are installed correctly, everything seems to be setup but the two lights just won't fire up... Any other suggestions?]

[It is probably the ballast that needs to be replaced. The easiest way to check this would be to swap the bulbs. Swap one working bulb for one non working bulb. If the non working bulb lights in the other socket then swap the other non working bulb with the other working bulb. You will probably find that the two bulbs that were working will not and the bulbs that were not working will be working. If this is true it is at least 90% likely that it is the ballast. If the same bulbs work in the other sockets then it is the bulbs. One other possibility is the switch if the two sets are on seperate switches. HTH.]

[Jon, I'll come by tomorrow to see if I can help you figure it out. What is a good time?

I've mentioned it to John a number of times. Did you email him? He seems to have washed his hands of the whole thing, and I'm sorry about that.

I'm sure it is a loose connection. The ballasts are merely 1 month old, so that shouldn't be the problem. It is merely a matter of checking each wirenut until the problem is found.]

[It's no problem Marc, I will look at everything again tomorrow and see if I missed any loose wires. I realize this isn't your fault at all, I appreciate your offer to help.]

[Sorry! If I would have known we were talking about new ballasts I would not have assumed the ballast. Purchasing used, I incorrectly assumed aged equipment. Ballasts and bulbs almost never fail that quickly. The original post had said that all connections had been checked. That only leaves sockets, switch(s). You might check each of the wires to the non working bulbs for signs of being pinched during your move. (unlikely but can happen on some fixures). If the sockets are not broken and the switch is ok it has to be a connection.

I'm sure Marc can get you going if you don't figure it out before he comes.]

[Jon, just give me a call (817) 246-8353 if you need me to come by today. I'll be happy to get you going again.]

[Marc, thanks for the help, I will try and get them working hopefully without having to waste your time :lookaround: But, I will call if I need to.

Right now I am in the process of moving the 175 gal Cichlid tank into the dining room to make room for the :wwww:Beast ]