Help stop agression

tesfeld

Premium Member
Have any of you had success with taking out the agressor for a couple days and putting him back? I got a new purple tang today and my regal is abusing him badly. I don't really want to get rid of the regal, but can't let this go on as I prefer the purple. Would banishing him to my prop section for a couple days of "time out" work?

Yes, it can. However, I've heard the fish is banished more like two months, rather than two days. I don't know how much of a memory fish have though. Maybe they are like Dori - "oh hi!" "hello" "why are you following me?!" :lol:

I used a tank divider for 2 weeks when I added the Flame Angel to my tank where the Coral Beauty has been in for over 6 months. The 2 fish did not fight each other a day after I took off the divider. I used the egg crate (at Home Depot) for this.

Hope this helps.

Totally and completely shocked. My regal abused my blue jaw trigger for the better part of a week when I added him. After adding the purple, she was on him 10x worse than the trigger and was doing some damage. I come home from work the day after first posting this thread, glance at the tank, and guess who was acting like they were old college buddies... Ill never understand how their little brains work.