Help! Problem with clown.

glocklt4

Premium Member
I bought a clown from DNA about 1.5 weeks ago. I noticed he had something weird with his lip when i got him home into my tank. He also went to one spot and barely moved. Ever since he just stays in one spot doing nothing. Doesn't eat (that i've seen) or anything. The spot on his lip that looked like a small chunk taken out of it now has something growing on it. Any ideas what's wrong with him?

hurtnemo.jpg
alt="">

No idea here - poor little dude. Might want to post this in the Marine Fish forum, too.

Does it look liek a fungus ? you may want to treat them really quick or get him into a QT tank right away and get him some tetracyline (sp)

stan

@Flamenco-t wrote:
Does it look liek a fungus ? you may want to treat them really quick or get him into a QT tank right away and get him some tetracyline (sp) stan said:
Yes, it does look like a fungus. I don't have a QT tank...

@glocklt4 wrote:
[I]@Flamenco-t wrote:[/I][quote="Does it look liek a fungus ? you may want to treat them really quick or get him into a QT tank right away and get him some tetracyline (sp) stan said:
Yes, it does look like a fungus. I don't have a QT tank..."]

Set something up really quick, get a 10 gallon tank from petsmart, a heater and a aquaclear nano HOB filter for $ 15 ish. Dump the carbon, sponge and ceramic rings out of the new AC filter into your sump for a day or two. Make about 10 gallon of new water as well. Fill up the 10 gallon tank with half of current tank water and half of new water and set it up.

@Flamenco-t wrote:
[I]@glocklt4 wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Flamenco-t wrote:[/I][quote="Does it look liek a fungus ? you may want to treat them really quick or get him into a QT tank right away and get him some tetracyline (sp) stan said:
Yes, it does look like a fungus. I don't have a QT tank..."]

Set something up really quick, get a 10 gallon tank from petsmart, a heater and a aquaclear nano HOB filter for $ 15 ish. Dump the carbon, sponge and ceramic rings out of the new AC filter into your sump for a day or two. Make about 10 gallon of new water as well. Fill up the 10 gallon tank with half of current tank water and half of new water and set it up."]

Hmm, i could do that but he's not being bothered by anyone else in the tank. I'm not sure what good this would do... ? I can do a water change in my normal tank to get the same effect.

You want to prevent the spread of fungus to any other fish that you have in the tank. PLus having a small tank as QT gets the treatment more effective and you're not having to buy as much as medication as you would in the main tank.

Let him heal up, get better and more active with food, then put him back in the main tank.

Always QT every incoming fish, wether you like it or not..this way you can prevent the spread of disease and train the fish to eat your food.

Clown eats like a pig, when they don't eat, something is wrong...

stan

Ok, thanks for the info. My old clown that my parents have now was definitely very active and ate a lot too. I'll see what I can do for him. I have never had a problem without a QT tank before but it does make sense. Not sure where to put it though, ha!