Hello from a newb

elundgr

Membership Expired
I have been trolling these forums and nano-reef.com for a while now and wanted to say hello. I live in Carrollton and started up my new 24G NanoCube on Dec 23rd. It currently has LR, LS and a CUC. I made a few modifications to it. I built a vertical reef wall out of live rock in the back and modified a maxi jet so that it would aim water at both sides of this back wall. I look forward to adding some zoos and softies in the not to distant future.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting many of you in person at one of the meetings.

Thanks for all the info
Eric

I had seen that there was a conference coming up and will be attending. Maybe I will even win a raffle of something cool for the aquarium :)

Thanks for the info and welcome messages.

Eric

Okay here is a picture. BAck wall is the vertical Live Rock wall. As you can see the LR is held to eggcrate via zip tyes. The eggcrate is held to the back wall of the nanocube also via zip tyes and two small holes I drilled into it. In the picture for some reason it looks like there are a lot of "holes" in the live rock that you can see eggcrate through. In real life it is not that bad I guess cause the picture does not capture the 3D nature of the rocks sticking out. Anyway, at the top left and right in the picture you can see my mod whereby a second pump in chamber 3 pumps up and through some tubing to shoot back towards the rear wall. This is in addition to the first pump which is attached to a hydor flo on the rear wall.

Thanks for the interest. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer about the setup.

Eric

We are on Peters Colony just off Rosemeade Parkway. That would make us neighbors; you should think about joining the tank tour a week from this Sat (the 14th). Here is the link. http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=14895

There are several other people that also live in Carrollton, Tony for example.