Heatsink with side panels to hide LED's

Why doesnt a manufacturer make some heat sinks and add some nice side pieces so that the heat sink can be used as a fixture without having to modify it? I know lots of people do this themselves but side panels that are built into the heat sink sure would look nice and make things easier. I would buy one and Im sure plenty of other people would as well.

@DaveG99 wrote:
Why doesnt a manufacturer make some heat sinks and add some nice side pieces so that the heat sink can be used as a fixture without having to modify it? I know lots of people do this themselves but side panels that are built into the heat sink sure would look nice and make things easier. I would buy one and Im sure plenty of other people would as well. said:
Rapidled now sells this: http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-246/6%22-x-9%22-Black/Detail

It also comes with a channel to insert an acrylic sheild. Its the best thing I know of for a DIY fixture that meets what you are referring to.

If you wanted i bet any machine shop would be willing to cut you custom pieces. the new JBJ unit are actually milled from billet blocks. another thing you could do is weld an aluminum plate on the side. if u need a place i know a guy that can do it

When I was gonna do a DIY led I was gonna anodize my fixture all black or red but I instead went with a manufactured led fixture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk