GlassCages

I haven't heard anything bad about them, but the fit and finish lacks a little. The silicone isn't as clean as the Oceanics or All-glass tanks and I'm not a big fan of the acrylic covers they have for the overflows. Other than that, you aren't going to beat the price without buying used.

Of course, an in-wall isn't going to show the minor imperfections of the silicone.

I say go for it! Just document it with lots of pics :D

I can't remember if it is them or another vendor that uses standard glass for the overflows (clear) so all plumbing can be seen and can be unsightly and the glass appears to be heavy in lead (green tint) unless you upgrade to their low lead glass. The good thing is that even if the seem are sloppy you can't see them when it is built in to wall. Great prices.

off subject...
I watched the whole Florida vs Alabama game and it was great. Tide is looking strong this year, might make a run for it.

Ok, looks like me and Bret chimed in about the same time, w/ about the same response. Best of luck, and have fun. I was thinking of the same route myself as I can't seem to find a good deal on a used 140 or 150.

Vendors are not allowed to make offers outside of their own forums. What you can do, is ask each one - or the ones you want - what their price would be for a certain size tank.

You would go to each of the vendor's forums and type a new post in each one, or send a PM.

Sorry, them's the rules :wink:

While I'm always looking to be a cheapscape I would shy away from glasscages on a tank that big. If you search on RC all you will find is negative about their large tanks. Anything under 100G or so I would have no problem saying ok but many of their bigger tanks have broken in the 9 month to 2 year range. Way to many to be just the "one bad one".

Just an opinion, but no matter the length you choose go with a wider tank versus taller. You put the width of the 8' at 18", IMO that is way too thin. The best looking tanks I see are the wider ones. They allow a more natural aquascape, instead of a tall thin row of liverock. Mine is 30" tall and 24", I wish it was the other way. The next tank I get is going to be at least 36" wide and 24"-30" tall.

I ma so glad someone posted a question about these tanks. I had been looking at them but was very skeptical about the 90 day no leak warranty.
I mean all you'd have to do is pay for the shipping back to Dickson,Tn. :roll: and then hope the warranty is honored. Too scary for me. Although I seariously entertained the idea of a large tank at a cheaper price.

FYI: Don't know of too many LFS willing to deal with you if you post the glasscages price in their forums. It's like you're trying to get them to match it or something which is impossible from the limited knowledge I have.

They might be able to come close but then again you get what you pay for.