Glass cleaner

FiberglassMonkey

Premium Member
Hey I'm looking to buy either a large mag float or a flipper. My glass is 1/2 in thick. I've never used either since I've been in the hobby, I always used a scraper with a handle. Our new tank has a goofy canopy and it's hard to clean with the manual scrapper. So I have a old mag float I use for a frag rack holder and it does that job good. Is the flipper worth 15$ more over the mag float? And what do you use?
Thanks in advance!

The flipper is the best coralline/algae scrapper I've used in the past 6+ years.

The blade replacements are a little pricey, but they tend to last me 6-9 months.

I use both..... Mag Float for normal light glass cleaning and the flipper for scraping coraline off the glass. I only use the blade side of the flipper because I feel the Mag Float has a stronger magnet and cleans better (I have the big MagFloat). The flipper would probably suit your needs better considering it's a little thinner and would most likely reach those hard to reach areas better. I believe the newer Mag Floats are available with a removeable blade attachment. Might be worth some research.

@Mike R wrote:
I use both..... Mag Float for normal light glass cleaning and the flipper for scraping coraline off the glass. I only use the blade side of the flipper because I feel the Mag Float has a stronger magnet and cleans better (I have the big MagFloat). The flipper would probably suit your needs better considering it's a little thinner and would most likely reach those hard to reach areas better. I believe the newer Mag Floats are available with a removeable blade attachment. Might be worth some research. said:
Did you get an upgraded (they sent these free as a replacement) magnet from the first batch? My flipper magnet is just as strong as my mag float.

@kthomas wrote:
[I]@Mike R wrote:[/I][quote="I use both..... Mag Float for normal light glass cleaning and the flipper for scraping coraline off the glass. I only use the blade side of the flipper because I feel the Mag Float has a stronger magnet and cleans better (I have the big MagFloat). The flipper would probably suit your needs better considering it's a little thinner and would most likely reach those hard to reach areas better. I believe the newer Mag Floats are available with a removeable blade attachment. Might be worth some research. said:
Did you get an upgraded (they sent these free as a replacement) magnet from the first batch? My flipper magnet is just as strong as my mag float."]
So I got in on the original order of the flipper and I've heard of other people getting free blade upgrades and magnet upgrades but I've never gotten anything from them. Do I need to ask for the upgrades or should they have been sent to me as I got the original/prototype model?

I would shoot them an email. I'm not sure if they will still honor the magnet, but they should. As for the blades I know for a fact they will. Their customer service is top notch.

@kthomas wrote:
[I]@Mike R wrote:[/I][quote="I use both..... Mag Float for normal light glass cleaning and the flipper for scraping coraline off the glass. I only use the blade side of the flipper because I feel the Mag Float has a stronger magnet and cleans better (I have the big MagFloat). The flipper would probably suit your needs better considering it's a little thinner and would most likely reach those hard to reach areas better. I believe the newer Mag Floats are available with a removeable blade attachment. Might be worth some research. said:
Did you get an upgraded (they sent these free as a replacement) magnet from the first batch? My flipper magnet is just as strong as my mag float."]

I'll have to look into that.... Didn't know such an upgrade existed. Thanks for the tip!