Getting paper off old acrylic??

I have about a half a sheet of 1/4" cast acrylic that I plan to use to make a refugium. The problem is, the acrylic has been outside leaning against the house for almost a year. It isn't warped, but the the paper is all cracked and you can't just grab it and peel it off like new.

Does anyone know how to remove the dried out adhesive and paper from this?

TIA

Try pouring Nail Polish Remover or Rubbing alcohol on it. Then just rub. Depending on the type of adhesive that should loosen it up!

Try Kerosene or Mineral Spirits. That is what Allied Plastics suggests. It isn't guaranteed, but the other items suggested in this thread were quickly shot down.

I'll try the mineral spirits first. When I was in college I worked at a car audio shop and for some reason a guy came in thinking I could help him out. His instrument cluster was all dirty so he used rubbing alcohol to try to clean it. Needless to say, you couldn't see a single guage in the cluster. It almost immediately clouded everywhere he had rubbed with the alcohol. Oops :oops:

for adhesive removal (and paper) using Rubbing alcohol wont work all that well, you're best bet from what I've seen so far is Goo-gone or WD40. Alcohol won't cloud the acrylic but it also wont break down the glue. you should be able to go over to Home Depot and look in their cleaning section for adhesive removers and if it's safe for plastics it will state it on the label. You can increase the effectiveness by hitting the paper with either very hot water or a hair dryer.
What ever you do.. do NOT apply nail polish remover(Acetone) as it will melt the acrylic