Garf Grunge?

I ordered some earlier this year...I was not impressed. It is too "rocky" in my opinion. If you did get some, I would put it in the fug instead of main tank. I put some in both areas and am sorry I did, it just looks like crap in the display.

You could probably go to any LFS and get some of the "grunge" from the live rock holding bins and get about the same thing. I'm not saying the Garf stuff isn't great, I don't know, but I can't imagine it being all that wonderful.

I agree. Ask if you can get the rubble and waste at the base of the rock curing tank.

When I first started out I used the grunge. I agree it is not pretty! I placed it behide my rock so it could not be seen.
My tank was freshly cycled with raw shrimp and had nothing in it. All of my rock was dead.
After about two to three weeks of placing it in my tank I had three different colors of coriline algea growing, mini stars and pods galore. I found new creatures (Worms and stuff) everyday.

Because I lost everything in my tank from copper I will use it again when I get started again. I was very impressed.

I know people that have used it with success. Different color of coralline with a lot of new critters. I probably should have used it.
-Chuck

I have also used it , it makes a mess when you put it in, but clears fast and seem to do a good job of getting things started , not to forget all the little creatures that is in it....George