Freshwater Moray Eels are upside down?

Hello! I have two Indian mud moray or freshwater moray eel. They are in a 55 gallon while I prep my 125 and build the new sump. They are almost 2 ft and are in a full marine tank. I recently moved and had to put all 55 gallons of water into various buckets along with the fish and set it up at the new place. I had them in a bucket for a while with a bubbler. Ever since then they have been eating very little. Flotsam ate last night finally but jetsam is still on his hunger strike. For a long time now jetsam would flip upside down after a meal. I think he was pooping? Every time he flips upside down there's a large pile of eel poop where he was. Flotsam is now copying this behavior and it really stresses me out. They just flip upside down and stay there and when i open the lid of the tank to get a better look at them they flip back. Does anyone have any ideas? They appear to have no visible illness. They have been breathing a little different after the move. I cant think of a better way to say this but it seems like their gills aren't flapping as much as usual. Any ideas if this is an illness? Or are they just good idiots?

I had A Zebra Moray eel for years. I don't believe that is playful behavior, sounds like stress. Eels never do good with moves, my opinion is they are too smart and fish were not meant to be out of water. With my eel, I used to take the frozen (I want to say Krill) place it in a clear plastic 1qt pitcher, with tank water, until they were less frozen. I wouor then turn the pitcher upside down in the tank. The "Krill" would float to the top and my Zebra would swim into it a d eat. This might be beneficial for several reasons: 1.) It will allow you to effectively monitor how much they eat.2.) I personally believe it made my eel feel safe from other potential predators.3.) If the container is large enough, it might facilitate the move. *** disclaimer I am NOT familiar with your type of eel. Almost certain that sounds like stress! Also, consider keeping the lights off for an extended period of time and offering a hiding place.

Also, I'd suggest having as little interaction as possible. If their behavior is stressing you, your behavior will stress them.