Fish?

Kc189

Premium Member
[I would like to know what kind of fish do well in schools! I have a 60G reef tank. Right now I have a clown two damels, a longnoised Hawk and a Regal Tang. I hope to take out the two damels and the clown this weekend, so that will leave me with just 2 fish! I am about to put in a 17G sump with Fuge. (Thanks to Marc) So I was thinking I could add a few really neat fish or add a school. Any good ideas.

Keith]

[Brad has a harem (similar to a school) of Flame Angels in his 150 gal reef tank. When it is feeding time, all that red comes flocking out of the LR to consume the tasty morsels. Very cool.

Or you could get a group of clownfish. I'd love to have 7 or 8 in one tank. The grand prize at Macna last year was a beautiful tank, fully stocked. It had at least 8 or more baby clowns. So cute.

People have been talking about anthias a lot. They might school nicely too.

I think the trick to getting a school of any type of fish is to buy the group at once. If you try to add another and another over time, you'll end up with territorial wars.]

[Green chromis are in schools, if you like green fish. Not as exoctic, but they school really well. Get them in odd numbers.]

@kitty32 wrote:
[Green chromis are in schools said:
[Yes, for schooling fish anthias or green chromis are the best. Anthias really need a 100g or more though. No yellow or other color chromis either. They are territorial, not schooling. Green chromis actually shoal, even better. They will draw out *other* fish to join them so that their profile looks bigger to predators. In other words, they'll become like the cruise director's of your tank. They will really draw out shy fish that you never see.]