Fish Room (8x3 and 8x4 feet frag tanks)

parsec

Premium Member
The idea is to create one huge system (one sump, 2 frag tanks and option for peninsula style display tank) everything would be connected:Tanks:8 x 3 x 1 foot peninsula style frag tank (1" acrylic with 3/4 inch bottom)8 x 4 x 1 foot peninsula style frag tank (1" acrylic with 3/4 inch bottom)Each tank will have 2 x 3/4" returns and 3 x 1" overflow pipes.Stands:8020 aluminum extrusion stands1st stand for 8 x 3 x 1 foot tank:View attachment 69132nd stand for 8 x 4 x 1 foot tank:View attachment 6916Both stands:View attachment 6917Tanks and sump finally arrived but this is what happened to the larger tank:View attachment 6918Stand & Sump:View attachment 6921Stand, Sump & Light:View attachment 6922Sump zoomed in (space for 9 overflow pipes, 3 per tank and 3 x 8" socks) I don't run filter socks in my systems, but I figured why now have the space for them anyway.View attachment 6923Tank on the stand with 1st light!View attachment 69241st water:View attachment 6925And finally corals (that was a week or two after):View attachment 6927More to come soon...

Wow looking great! Sorry to hear about the big tank, hopfully another one is on the way soon. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted :)

Yeah the manufacture took care of everything (they had good insurance), actually the replacement is arriving tomorrow (about 6 weeks after the incident, not bad for custom build tank and shipping from CA). But I had my hands full in the mean time setting up what I already had.