Fish list for 48x18x21

CaravanShaka

Membership Expired
Please give any concerns, critiques, suggestions, etc...

This is my wish list for the mixed reef tank. Skimmer will be a vertex IN-100 and flow will be an mp40 and maybe an mp10. It is rimless, but may be adding a screen or glass top for a wrasse.

3-5 ignitus anthias (flame anthias)
1-2 tangs, thinking a tomini and kole, smaller variety tangs for sure though.
2 black clowns - help me out here Lance ;)
3 cardinals - banggai or orange lined
1 wrasse for pests, 6-line or equiv.

Inverts will be:
2-3 cleaner shrimp
2-3 peppermints
Snails
Emerald crab
Few scarlet hermits

Also, thoughts on intro order and timeline would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a All Glass 75gal (48X18X21) and i have a MP40 and MP10 on it the 40 is turned down to about 80% though.

Thanks for the confirmation on the flow, was hoping I would be good to go.

Anyone have input on the fish?

I would only put the kole tang in the tank an put him in last and buy him small. Also i like to run a lot of flow on my 90. I am using 2 1400gph korlinas if fish swim past it they get blown a little bit. But if there is food by t they have no problem swimming right into the stream. Also i have only 2 cleaners in my tank I think that is plenty. Tried adding peppermints but my angel made a meal out of them:( I also had a tiger striped serpent star but again angel made a meal out of him. I would add a reef safe serpent star to help keep uneaten food and poop out of the tank. I really wish I could have one.

Tank is running now, so i am starting to add my fish in roughly a month.

That said, i want to plan my introduction order to do it right. Anyone have any input on the order?

how about a Black Banded Cat Shark.
or a dwark angel fish...these can be hit or miss, but a flame angel has great color...just have to keep an eye on them and be ready to pull them and sell if they start to eat your LPS. Very color fish though I had one in my 30G for over a year before it decided to start to eat corals.

I have the following in my 75 gallon (48") and it works pretty well.....I believe that I am at capacity though... [smilie=envy.gif]
Fish
- Yellow Tang
- Flame Angel
- Pair of Black Misbar Clowns
- Small Bi-color Blenny
- Fire Fish
- Six Line Wrasse
- Pajama Cardinal
- Three Chromis
Inverts:
- 2 Cleaner Shrimp
- 1 Peppermint
- 3 Emerald Crabs, snails, hermits, etc
- 1 Black Brittle Starfish
- 1 Blue Linkia Star
- Sea Apple
- Two SRBTA (was one, but recently split) Luckily my Black Clowns took to them within 2 days of me adding the SRBTA to the tank [smilie=rofl.gif]
Corals:
- Mostly LPS, Softies, and Zoas
- Hammer, Frogspawn, Red Monti, Candy Cane, Assorted Zoas, Blue Xenia, Anthilia, etc

I think your list sounds fine, only concern is if a 75g is big enough for two Tangs. That opinion varies widly depending on who you ask....or what website you go to. I don't have the answer and have seen it work both ways.

I have always heard that it is best to add Tangs last due to their aggression and due to their high bioload (if this is a brand new tank, it needs to have the nitrifying bacteria well established to handle the tangs). I had the yellow tang when I bought the tank. I bought it as a transfer tank that has already been established. I have added and taken out several fish since then. The only one he has bothered was my Flame Angel. He kind of bullied him for the first 24 hours, but now they are best friends and follow each other around. The Yellow Tang is definitely the policeman of the tank and keep everybody else in line.

Just my $.02, but I am still fairly new (5 months into the hobby). I am sure your tank will look great and don't forget to post pics!

I have had a flame angel before and realy liked him. I don't keep much lps, so not too worried about them. May get the angel instead of the wrasse if I don't cover the tank.

Tang will be last, and i decided on just one of them. Maybe a yellow, but probably a kole or something similar.

Thanks for the input! Anybody with help on who to introduce first?

On your list I do not think it will matter as long as the tangs are last...I would make the wrasse just prior to the tangs. if you go with 2 tangs they go in at the same time.

O wait if you go with the Black Banded Cat Shark make sure he goes last so he has plenty to eat.