Filter Sock .. what micron

I have some sand particles that are in my water column that are being kicked by the flow and etc. It's not super bad at all, but enough to annoy the hell out of me. I know a filter sock will help, if I put it on my return drain. So, my question is .. what micron would be recommended?

Thanks!

Hi,
The 100 micron socks will work but you should buy at least 3 of these so you can rotate them every 2-3 days. My suggestion is to purchase one and see if it gives you the desired effect. You can also use some of the filter (blue/white) and arrange it so your return passed over it. Are you sure it's particles and not microbubbles that you are seeing. Have you tried turning off the skimmer to see if it is the cause.......return pump...etc. If the particles are being kicked up by the powerheads then you should still see that with the return off. You may have to add a layer of larger grain LS if it is sand, I had to do that in my tank. Just don't want you spending money to only find out you still have the problem, filter socks are not cheap imo. [smilie=lol.gif]

Cheers,

@bimmerzs wrote:
Hi said:
Actually, Ron ... the particles are still being kicked about when the return is off. I am comfortable in saying that they not microbubbles. Because of the return being off, they're still being kicked about for one. For two, if it were microbubbles, they have a lot of cheato to sift through to find the return. Last night, I actually got down and checked out the return section to the sump to see if there were any microbubbles and didn't find any going through the return at all. When checking out the return locline, I see no microbubbles coming out either.