Feeding Duncans and Acans - Target Feeding Duncans

Opus

Premium Member
I feed mine the mini mysis put out by H2O. They seem to like it and I've never seen them spit it back up. Also I feed them Ocean Nutirition small sinking pellets with success. I also feed that to my Acan and and other LPS.

Dang... the heads must be tiny! I never had any problems giving them just a few mysis, but I noticed when I fed them a lot at once they would swallow them and spit them back out.
My heads went from dime sized to silver dollar sized in about 2 months. Maybe if you just use cyclops-eeze until they are bigger that will work better, or like you say, mincing mysis up into smaller pieces. Given time they should accept a few mysis no problem.

Get some Laguana Farms food. It's sold all over the place locally, and the LPS love it.
Just turn off you're skimmer for a couple hours after using it.
Drew

Mine has them also, but i'm thinkin it is where the new mouth is going to be :wink: (ie. makein a new head) also, i 've had them for a week and a half and i've feed them 4 times with the H20 combo shrimp pack, a little squirt per head will do it, i use the suringe that came with and old test kit.