Electrical costs - Are you doing anything different?

If a large part of your roof decking is accessible from your attic, you could install the radiant barrier yourself. Although the spray-on type that is applied to the underside of your roof deck is effective, the foil type of radiant barrier is supposed to be even more effective.

I purchased a couple rolls of radiant barrier foil from Radiant Guard (they're based in Frisco, TX but sell through Ebay). They're about $130 for a 1000 sqft roll. You just need to staple them to the underside of your roof rafters. Again, the tricky part is getting access to your roof. Most attics are not completely floored, so when I did mine, my bestfriend was a 4 foot ladder, and a couple sheets of plywood that I moved around. :)

If you want to install the spray-on type, I'm told you can buy it from Sherwin Williams, then just rent a spray gun.

My attic temperatures got about 15 degrees cooler, but I think it would have been even better if my builder hadn't been so cheap with installing soffit vents. I need about 15 more to get enough fresh into my attic.