edit

[Whatever you do to rid the rock of aiptasia will also rid the rock of anything beneficial. Probably the aiptasia will be the last to go. If you have a small holding tank, it would make things easier to blast them with a kalk paste or to use natural predators, such as copperbanded butterfly or bergia.

I just nuked my tank with quinine to rid it of flatworms. I removed the corals to save them. The aiptasia went away for a week or so, but about half of them came back. They are some tough critters. Good luck to you!]

[As Steve mentioned, there are several things you can do besides killing the live rock, which you will most likely do if you leave it out of the water long enough to kill the Aiptasia. Another thing I have had some success with is just scraping the big ones off with a little of the live rock that they are attached to. Since it is soft limestone, it scrapes off real easy with a small sharp chisel or screwdriver.
Of course if you have 1000 of the suckers you might not want to go this route. :p]

[Get yourself some Peppermint Shrimp (not camelback) and they will eat them.]

[Copperband will definitely wipe them out, but don't let it starve after the anemones are gone. Try to get one that feeds on brine shrimp at the pet store....KW]

[I've heard that the Copperband will not completely eat the aiptasia from the rock, leaving enough of it to come back. Also, once the aiptasia is gone, you will have to get rid of the Copperband cause it will feast on your corals.

I had about 30 Aiptasia in my tank, a real bad break out. I picked up 3 Peppermints and they cleaned almost every one up in about a week and a half. There are only two left, a very large one which I guess was the initial specimen and another small one that they have missed for some reason.

You can get Peppermint for about $6-7 at most LFS's, or $85 at Dallas North :laugh: .

Good luck]

[mesquite, let me add this:

If I were you, I'd put all my rock in a bare tank or rubbermaid container, and throw a couple of Peppermints in there. That in my opinion would be a good way of getting rid of them.]