Easiest way to run carbon!

What is the easiest way to run carbon on a system with no room for hang on filters? Is carbon in a bag and thrown in the sump effective at all? I've been battling a dino problem for a while now and running carbon is one thing I haven't been doing. Water changes were being done daily until I found out it actually fuels the problem. Lights off works great, unless you have corals and/or anemone. My sebae is back to it's pretty white with purple tips because it is severely stressed and several corals are RTN on the tips thanks to the dino smothering it.

Back to the original topic Would carbon in a bag be effective at all?

TIA :wink:

Thanks for the read! I'll try running carbon some way and shut down the halides leaving the T5 blues on only. I just modded my Euroreef to recirculate for more efficient skimming. It seems to be working a lot better than before, not that it didn't work great to begin with. I just have to mess with something :wink:

What about putting the carbon between the baffles of the bubble trap? I built a dedicated tray into my new sump for the 115 that all water has to go through for these situations.

Thanks!

I noticed yesterday, I had 3 small spots of algae growing on the glass. They had bubbles inside of it. Is that what it is?

A picture would be worth 1000 words but with the bubbles captured it's either dino's or cynobacteria I would guess.