Dwarf Cuttles - Sepia bandensis

Animal Mother

Membership Expired
Bought some eggs, they got here about 30 minutes ago. One hatchling and several eggs. The hatchling is swimming about and several of the eggs have similarly sized babies inside so I imagine it won't be long before the lone cuttle has company.

Pictures soon!

This is the nursery I Frankensteined out of some window screen and eggcrate and acrylic rods for hooks.
IMG_3277.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3278.jpg
alt="">

always something cool going on with your tanks, good luck with them, i look forward to seeing the pics

Nope, they don't climb out like octos. They don't really use their arms for anything other than capturing food and mating.

I think you might be interested in this:

http://www.tonmo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6593&page=2

scroll down and read joefish84's comments

8 babies and 1 egg left to hatch as of today.

If all goes well over the next month or so I will have a few for sale. Can't keep all 8 or 9 in the 60 cube.

9 babies today!

I shook out some chaeto over a bucket lid and got a few dozen amphipods. Dumped them in with the babies and removed most of the hiding spots so that the pods are exposed. They mostly gathered in one corner. Last night when I got home 3 of the babies had gathered into that corner, and the number of pods seems to have dwindled. Hopefully the rest of the babies are catching stragglers.

Very cool. I have a friend that was very interested in starting his own "Army Cycle". I will inform him of this post. Maybe he will me interested in buying the extras.

Thanks

The most amazing thing about your videos with audio is that you can't hear your barking and talking dogs :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!! Second, i can see the yellow wrasse swimming around under the little breeder box that you have.

The babies began hunting tonight after lights out. The amphipods seem to be quite challenging for them, at least the bigger ones. I am to receive some live mysis tomorrow and those should be easier for the babies to grab onto.