DSA NEO 105 build

BRett

Premium Member
After losing my 110 in a split up [smilie=crying.gif] I have laid low until the time was right... Found the tank I hAve always wanted!!! Went to true percula and found a DSA NEO105 and didn't hesitate!! This is my first build log... Please give me criticism both good and bad to help this become a great build and a great environment for these living creatures we love so much!!

Here is the tank I bought the other day at True Percula
ymaju5es.jpg
alt="">

I still need to buy lights which will be metal halides supplemented with either t5 or t12 VHO!! Trying to be as low profile as possible without a canopy. Going to do mainly sps with lps. And doesing with brs bionic by hand at the moment... What pointers do y'all have??

Acid wash the pukani and dose lanthanum chloride to get rid of a much of the possible phosphates.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Looks like there is going to be a lot of new rimless tank builds including mine coming soon. So following all of them ;)

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

I'm curious if the mag 12 is an overkill because I'm running a mag 7, with dual drains and dual returns, and it works great. Same tank too.

~Matt

My current tank is using a mag12 on full power with single 1" line and works fine. So new rimless has herbie overflow with 3 1" but one is used as emergency.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Looking good so far....I like everything but the Mag....hahahaha, that thing easily will add 2*-3* to your setup and running MH that will nott help in that aspect. I would also recommend led's over your current lighting choice, I prefer this one which can be found even less expensive off of fleabay. http://www.reefbreeders.com/controllable_led_fixtures.html

Cheers,

neqa2e8a.jpg
alt="">

Just got the tank home and going to start building the stand today. I'm thinking maybe a dark wood?? What do y'all think?? And thanks for all the suggestions so far!! Keep em coming

Tank looks great! I'd go with metal stand and skin it in wood. Maybe get some nice exotic vernier from Rockler. I wish I would've made mine out of metal.

@coralreefer wrote:
Tank looks great! I'd go with metal stand and skin it in wood. Maybe get some nice exotic vernier from Rockler. I wish I would've made mine out of metal. said:
Contact Ben Runnels if you decide to go with a metal stand. His brother is making them now. He made one for Ben's new rimless build and it looks awesome. I saw it in person today and it is a VERY well made stand.

@Mike R wrote:
[I]@coralreefer wrote:[/I][quote="Tank looks great! I'd go with metal stand and skin it in wood. Maybe get some nice exotic vernier from Rockler. I wish I would've made mine out of metal. said:
Contact Ben Runnels if you decide to go with a metal stand. His brother is making them now. He made one for Ben's new rimless build and it looks awesome. I saw it in person today and it is a VERY well made stand."]

You can see pics of his stand on his new build thread here...... viewtopic.php?f=100&t=116219

Metal would deff be nice but I wanted to get started and build one myself.

ajyny3ed.jpg
alt="">

3a6a2uzu.jpg
alt="">

e8urymur.jpg
alt="">

a9agaput.jpg
alt="">

yhy2erym.jpg
alt="">

sy2udyvy.jpg
alt="">

aqehenen.jpg
alt="">

u5a7ysym.jpg
alt="">

So still have to get the trim done cut an opening for the front door access and buy some cabinet doors... Anyone know of a good cabinet door store in the Arlington/ Mansfield area??

And then after that I will have to stain the stand.. Still deciding on which stain to use.

(I edited some stuff- hadn't had my morning coffee yet...)

There is a place I ordered some cabinet doors from in Arkansas if you don't find something local. Took about 2 weeks.

And if you really want the stain to come out nice, don't use the stuff from HD or bLowes. Get the stain from Rockler. I went with dark dark brown. If you do the same get the General Finishes gel stain. I put 2 coats on with a foam brush and wiped it off. I can post a pic if you would like.

jegeneqa.jpg
alt="">
Picture of the backside

e2yqevy2.jpg
alt="">
The trim on the front and sides are now done!! Just need to get some nice looking cabinet doors and then stain the stand