Dosing

Just wanting to know what everyone doses along w/ stability of parameters?

I'm dosing B-Ionic right now and wanting to try out the BRS two part since it seems to make a good amt for the price..
anybody use the BRS two part?

majority of users that are in the brs gb's are dosing two part. i have been dosing two part for almost two years i have noticed that it is alittle stronger than b ionic so you dont dose as much

@kuyatwo wrote:
majority of users that are in the brs gb's are dosing two part. i have been dosing two part for almost two years i have noticed that it is alittle stronger than b ionic so you dont dose as much said:
hmm, so that must save a lot money wise? [smilie=thinking.gif]

how is mag with the BRS dosing?

Usually once you finish dosing a gallon of ca/alk you add Mg or you can dose all three but Mg is really small amount compared to ca/alk

@dfwminis wrote:
[I]@kuyatwo wrote:[/I][quote="majority of users that are in the brs gb's are dosing two part. i have been dosing two part for almost two years i have noticed that it is alittle stronger than b ionic so you dont dose as much said:
hmm, so that must save a lot money wise? [smilie=thinking.gif]

how is mag with the BRS dosing?"]

i use brs and dose calc/alk hourly but only dose mag once a day using a bubble magus. its been great at maintaining levels

Alright..just wondering cause i read a few diff things about mag with brs. I'll be trying this out soon as my b-ionic is out which means giving my money the $$ to order online & pay for my membership...finally [smilie=clapping.gif]

I also have been dosing BRS for a couple of years....everything stay's rock solid dosing with my apex and peristaltic dosing pumps.

Cheers,

@dfwminis wrote:
went ahead and ordered it already.. also sent my membership payment [smilie=smile.gif] said:
Congrats on both! I've been using BRS 2 part for the better part of 4 years now. Be careful dosing recipe #1. With the high localized pH spike it's easy to get precipitation. I find it's best used with a dosing pump to distribute multiple small doses through the day.

@bdare wrote:
[I]@dfwminis wrote:[/I][quote="went ahead and ordered it already.. also sent my membership payment [smilie=smile.gif] said:
Congrats on both! I've been using BRS 2 part for the better part of 4 years now. Be careful dosing recipe #1. With the high localized pH spike it's easy to get precipitation. I find it's best used with a dosing pump to distribute multiple small doses through the day."]

thanks for the info. I was confused on which to get, cause my pH is 8.4 and I dnt want to raise it or lower it. i like where its at. but that rec. 1 is the one i got.

I have used Calcium reactors for years (and still do). I've gone back and forth with Kalkwasser. I have a Deltec PF 601 reactor that still cant keep up with the alkalinity and calcium demands of my tank. I've been cursed with getting a consistent effluent from the reactor. If this goes unnoticed, my corals pay the price and I get a huge Alk crash and a ton of STN from the base of my corals. As a result, I've been dosing BRS 2 part using a disjointed measure and dump method. I know the trends of my aquarium very well now. I am going to start to use the profilux doser, I just haven't gotten around to it. The benefits of a doser is maintaining a stable environment, but you have to know what your demand is.

The best part about a two part solution is that it forces you to really understand and "master" (I'll use that term losely since the process is SOOOOO dynamic) the chemistry of you tank. The bottom line about 2 part is that it makes you a better reefer! That isn't my opionion, that is fact....IF you are routinely testing (3 or more times a week) over a period of 2-3 months to understand the demands of your tank.

It really doesn't matter if a solution is ionically stronger, but just what you need to dose. There are a ton of calculators out there. Fortunately, Randy's 2part/BRS is the most popular given its $$$$$$, while it is validated and safe. That makes finding how much to add with any given measurement secondary.

[smilie=wink.gif]

Since I added dosing pumps and use brs recipe 1 everything in my tank is growing and I haven't lose a single sps coral!