Dosing for Nano Tank

brianfarm6767

Membership Expired
Hello,
I have a 20 gallon Innovative Marine AIO that I have been trying to setup for automated dosing of All for Reef. I picked up a used Kamoer F1 that had a few issues so I replaced the head and still was dealing with siphon issues. So I decided to get a Versa so I would not have to tinker with it any longer. The Versa still has issues with my situation. I only need to dose 2-3 ml daily at the moment to maintain my Alk and Cal. The issue I am running into is that I am either battling a back siphon issues on two brand new versa pump (the one I bought and the one ecotech sent out as a replacment when I contacted them) or an evaporation issue. When I calibrate the pump its spot on and I make note of the water line in the tube on the outlet hose on the tank. When I check 24 hours later before my next dose that line has creeped back towards the pump so my dose is somewhere between .5 and 1ml short. I have posted this question a few places thinking it may be my pump and gone through tons of troubleshooting steps

Replaced all lines multiple times trying RODI tubing, Silicone Tubing, Air Line Tubing

Eliminated all fittings so that the only thing in the dosing system is the tube directly in the All for Reef ( no straw ) the versa, and the tube going into my tank

Added a John Guest style back flow valve ( tested this valve by putting the pump in reverse and it is functioning properly) between the dosing container and the pump

Tried dosing longer and shorter increments

Added a pipette nozzle to the tank outlet to try and reduce evaporation

Basically I am at a loss for how to get this automated. It seems like a simple task, but either I am just unlucky with the pumps I have tried or there is hopefully a better solution. Any advice on what you have setup on your nano tank or how to eliminate the issues I am having would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2757.jpeg
    IMG_2757.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 0