Don't want to spend a lot on LEDs?

I've recently acquired a new 55 gallon tank that came with a big metal halide fixture. I kept burning my hand the MH and it added a lot of heat to our horribly air conditioned apartment. So I made the decision to switch to LEDs. I did lots of research and considered buying ecoxotic because they're well known and very nice. But I didn't want to spend $300 a light fixture for a tank that would need 3 lights probably. I'm a college student and although I don't make top dollar like I would in an actual job, I do pretty well for myself. So I can afford nice things, but not that nice. Continuing my research I stumbled upon the Do it yourself lights and did the math to see how much those would cost me, but it was around the same so I kept searching. Finally I found a wonderful ebay seller who makes LEDs in Burelson for cheap! I ordered a 50/50 for only $100 and just got it this morning. My tank is sparkling it's so pretty. I already put in my order for a 14K bar that only cost me $80. Plus, this guy gives a two year warranty on all his products. You can even order strips to hide along the edge of the tank to add more light options and flare. So check it out and support the locals. Here's a link:
http://stores.ebay.com/the-jonvh/Primary-Aquarium-Lighting-/_i.html?_fsub=6003749018&_sid=353350128&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for an inexpensive lighting solution for a 45T that my wife is doing for seahorses.

No problem, no reason to spend all your money on lighting when it doesn't even cost them that much to make the lights anyways

says he's in Arlington too, maybe he could let us know if we could pick up locally or he could post some stats on here for those of us that keep light demanding coral.

That guy there, stand up guy. Will let you visit. And if you're not satisfied, he'll work with ya!!!!! Awesome.ebayer!

Be careful the led with reflector looks like the one that caught fire in a reefers tank. I do not know if this was eBay seller but one of the fixture looks the same they are selling

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/01/30/cheap-chinese-led-causes-fire/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought some stuff from Billy a while back, flood lights and strips, as far as the lights go, the strips all faded to nothing, the floods still work fine, they are kind of worthless but they didn't fade away.

On another note, if you are curious what kind of person he is, shoot me a pm and ill give you the low down.