Does anybody do this? (regenerate DI)

Hi All,

I recently found this article and wondering if anybody locally has done this before. I am on the last changing DI last weekend and plan to buy some more until i found this article. Anyway, if you have done this before successfully then please let me know. Also, if you have extra old DI that haven't get rid of and don't want them then let me know as well. I really appreciate your responses and suggestions.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-09/nftt/index.php

Thanks,
Ken

Ken, DennisF did this last year. Check our DIY forum for his thread.

Depending how much your time is worth I think it is more cost effective and safer to buy new do resin.

Your welcome to some of my old resin gonna change out my filters and di this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the difference in DI resin and the resin that is used in water softeners? A friend has one in his house and it uses salt to recharge the resin. The resin lasts forever and you just add salt to the unit.

Thanks Marc for Dennis information. I sent him and Kuyatwo a PM for do and don't questions.

Thanks Kuyatwo, I'll PM you for pickup old DI materials.

Everybody else that don't reuse their DI then please let me know. I'll recycle it for you this way :)

Thanks,
Ken

If you can catch Robert at the store, he regenerates ours. Takes a few hours on a system the size of ours but it's worth it to us.

Dennis has about 4 pounds of resin that I gave him. It was two very full 1-gallon ziplock bag's full.

Thanks guys, where are Robert and Dennis located? If they are in forth worth then I'll try the local ones for this time first. Thank you so much for everything. I really appreciate that.

I know I have more over here near Frank's Tanks if you want to pick it up. Robert is at Fish2morow, up in Keller. Dennis is over in the N. Dallas area, I think.