DIY peristaltic dosing pump

coralreefer

Membership Expired
Anyone know if you can get a few if these http://bit.ly/xDgMHw and control them with the Apex Controller? Would be much cheaper than an actual 3 pump doser. I realize I would have to get a few power supplies that matched the specs of the motor, but I would think it would be better than 3 aqualifter pumps. Just researching.

Ive looked at this as well. I know you would need a power supply but im not sure if youd need transformers, resistor etc. If you find out any more info please let me know!

My wheels are turning. I could easily build a little box to house 3 pumps and wire them up to a few power supplies. I have seen 5v and 12v pumps. So just a matter of finding a couple of cell phone type power supplies that match up.

Problem I see is, the voltage would be low so would they work on the eb8 without adding a small lamp or something to put more load on the circuit? Kind of like the same problem as using an aqualifter with the eb8.

Then just program the individual pump motor using the osc function so you could get it on for however many seconds you wanted for however often a day.

Heck - I don't see why it wouldn't work.