diy food in north plano

dia_cero2002

Premium Member
I've got several tangs and a few other fish in my 210. I really don't like buying the frozen little cubes from the lfs because the tangs are too big for the little bits that come out of those cubes and I'd like more variety in their diet. I've been searching the asian markets for the uncooked seafood mix. I've found several places that have the seafood mix, but none of the employees know if it is pre-cooked or raw. Anyone know where I can get the uncooked variety in north Plano? Thanks.

@dia_cero2002 wrote:
I've got several tangs and a few other fish in my 210. I really don't like buying the frozen little cubes from the lfs because the tangs are too big for the little bits that come out of those cubes and I'd like more variety in their diet. I've been searching the asian markets for the uncooked seafood mix. I've found several places that have the seafood mix said:
Hi,

Did you try this place, you can get all fresh seafood if you are not sure about their pre-packaged stuff.

May Hua Supermarket
2220 Coit Rd
Plano, TX 75075
(972) 398-6988

Cheers,

Thanks for the response. What combination of seafood would you suggest? Also, do I just put this stuff in a blender or do you suggest chopping finely with a knife? Thanks.

I use a mini chopper. You can get one cheap for $10 (so the wife don't get mad :wink: ) Anyways, I get squid, baby octopus, mini shrimp. Then I mix in some Nori. You may want to check out this link from our very own Melev: http://melevsreef.com/food.html

also, Carnival Food Market (Parker at Ave K) in Plano has frozen raw seafood mix in freezer section. I would suspect that Fiesta Mart also has same or similiar.